5 benefits of breastfeeding that will latch your baby on you
Breastfeeding is one subject that cannot be overemphasized.
Last week was breastfeeding week: the First week of August is dedicated to Breastfeeding, encouraging mothers all over the world to breastfeed their babies.
It is indeed amazing how nourishing breast milk can be. It is no doubts a sacrificial task to engage in breastfeeding talk less of exclusive breastfeeding. However, it is best for the baby if you can go the extra mile, 6 months exclusivity and best, up on till a year.
Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Nature, as usual, has provided an economical way of feeding babies brilliantly
- Breast milk helps babies overcome allergies and malnutrition
- Breastfeeding helps to shrink the uterus too
- Breastfeeding keep babies away from infection and rashes
- Breastfeeding keeps babies mentally alert and help build their immune system
However, nursing Moms need to ensure babies are fed every two hours for proper feeding.
Breastfeeding can be, however, challenging for every mom hence the need to:
1) Be determined to carry through
2) Eat meals with rich in vegetables, fish, eggs and fruits to help lactation. Experience has shown the immense benefit of Pap intake for lactation
3) Wear firm Nursing bras and maintain proper hygiene
4) Rest well and keep your mind away from anxiety
5) Get proper counselling on Breastfeeding or join support groups like @momat4ty where information are shared and questions, answered by Moms who have passed through it too
Note that as Moms, breastfeeding helps you
- Recover from childbirth quickly and easily
- Bond with your baby
- Reduces the rates of breast and ovarian cancer later in life
- Helps natural family planning and
- Saves you money to do other things
So next time you feel exhausted from breastfeeding your baby, remember that you are carrying out one of your superhero task and how awesome you are for that.