Egg and Avocado salad with toast: a great simple meal for the weekend
Yah! Today is Friday and I bet you can’t wait to rush home after work to shudder off all the stress for this week, well I can understand because I’ve been in your shoe several times and I can’t overemphasize how much I’ve wanted to rest myself. But work doesn’t just stop at work. Right?
The feeling of rushing back home tired and still needing to make dinner is exhausting. We spend a whole lot of time thinking about what to prepare for dinner even more than we do for breakfast. As mothers, healthy meal is always at the back of our minds when it comes to mealtime.
Well I have something that you and the kids will love to munch while sharing stories of the day, at dinner
Egg and avocado salad on toast doesn’t require you to bend your back. It is easy to make and fun to eat. Find below the recipe:
4 servings (adjust ingredients size according to your family size)
- 4 slices of sandwich bread, such as peasant bread, sourdough, whole-wheat, or just about any bread you can get your hands on
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions (a bit different from spring onion)
- 3 tablespoons whole-milk plain yoghurt (or any yoghurt of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Toast the bread and set it aside. Next, cut the eggs into small sizes or chop them into pieces afterwhich you place them in a bowl and then set it aside
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and mix it in the bowl with the egg pieces. Mash the avocado with the egg pieces with a fork, but keep it chunky
- Mix the basil, green onions, lemon juice, yoghurt, a pinch of salt and sprinkle in a little black pepper. Mix it until everything comes together.
- Rub the clove of garlic on one side of your bread. Now divide the egg salad among the slices and spread it evenly on the bread slices. Garnish it with the remaining basil and serve.
Voila, there you have it. Now sit back and enjoy your egg and avocado salad plus toast with your family.
We are glad to help you make life a bit easier this weekend.